Selling Your Home: Increase Your Home's Value
Easy and Inexpensive Improvement Projects to Increase the Resale Value of Your Washington DC Home
The way in which you care for and improve your Washington DC home determines how much your home will increase in value when it comes time to sell. While not all home improvements can greatly increase resale value, many projects will increase worth and make your home more attractive to prospective buyers. Read on for a number of easy and inexpensive home improvement ideas to improve your home's worth and increase your chances of resale.
- Upgrade your windows and doors with more insulated products that will ultimately increase energy efficiency.
- Give your interior a fresh coat of neutral paint. As one of the most inexpensive improvement projects, painting your home will give your rooms a well-kept, ready to move into look.
- Replace corroded bathroom fixtures with standard models that aren't too particular to your personal taste.
- Install garage and closet organizers.
- Paint your exterior trim and doors to maximize on your home's curb appeal.
- Change kitchen cabinet hardware, including knobs and pulls.
- Add a basic deck to your home to increase outdoor living space and capitalize on your acreage.
- Spruce up your yard by mulching, adding flowers, laying sod, and pruning shrubs and trees.
For more ideas and tips on how to increase your home's resale value, contact Michelle Buckman. Representing W.C. & A.N. Miller and Christie's Great Estates properties in Chevy Chase, Northwest Washington DC, Capitol Hill, and the Trinidad neighborhood, Michelle works with a full range of clients, most notably first-time homebuyers.