Take a moment to browse my resource center to look for answers and information including the latest trends in the local market.
Search the Washington Metropolitan area for Homes
Washington DC Real Estate Tips
Washington DC Tips
Michele Buckman has put together some videos discussing the current DC market and what the future may hold for the real estate market in the Washington DC area.
Discourage "Lookie-Loos" and Sell Your Capitol Hill Home
If you want to sell your Capitol Hill home, you and your Realtor will need to encourage serious buyers, and discourage the “Lookie-Loos.”
Realtors discourage serious buyers by:
- Networking with other Realtors to pre-qualify their truly interested buyers.
- Marketing that targets a certain niche of buyers, providing lots of information and photos about your home and neighborhood.
- Show your home by appointment only to pre-qualified buyers. If there’s an open house, require buyers to sign in, show ID, and leave their information for a follow up.
You can encourage serious buyers by:
- Replacing appliances, countertops, and completing any needed remodeling
- Ensuring your home is in move-in ready condition
- Stage you home, with a focus on its best features
- Enhance the curb appeal of you home with upgraded landscaping, painting the front door and trim, and if needed, painting the entire outside of the house.
Want to learn more on how to sell your Capitol Hill home, please contact Realtor Michelle Buckman. Michelle Buckman Realtor has decades of experience in Capitol Hill real estate. She has deep roots in this community, and knows the ins and outs of DC neighborhoods. Michelle graduated from American University, lived on Capitol Hill, and later in Chevy Chase (DC). She has a passion for helping people, and her real estate career with W.C. & A.N. Miller, REALTORS®, A Long & Foster Company, is an extension of her devotion to the community.