Take a moment to browse my resource center to look for answers and information including the latest trends in the local market.
Search the Washington Metropolitan area for Homes
Washington DC Real Estate Tips
Washington DC Tips
Michele Buckman has put together some videos discussing the current DC market and what the future may hold for the real estate market in the Washington DC area.
Tips for Selling Capitol Hill Real Estate In the Summer
Summer is a busy time in the Capitol Hill Real Estate market. How do differentiate your property, and encourage buyers to stop in, cool off, and explore your home for a while?
- Make your home appropriate to the season. Remove other seasonal decorations, pull up those heavy winter rugs, and show off beautiful bare wood floors. Pull back heavy draperies, and let the natural light in.
- Keep the air conditioning on a lower temperature - making your home cool, comfortable, and a welcome relief. (Buyers will not spend time looking through your home if they are hot and sticky.)
- Clean your fans and vents and change the heating/air conditioning filters. This will eliminate or reduce dust and allergens in the air. Who wants to see dust motes gleaming in the sun? No one.
- Tidy up your yard and alley-way. Add beautiful and relaxing outdoor furniture, and weed and trim the garden and grass. Make the most of any shade you may have. Make sure any trash or clutter is removed before buyers arrive.
- If you have a pool, have the pool and deck cleaned. If you have fountains or other water features, you’ll want to make sure those are clean and working as well.
For more tips on selling Capitol Hill real estate, please contact Michelle Buckman, Realtor. Michelle Buckman has the experience you need to help you sell your Capitol Hill real estate. Representing W.C. & A.N. Miller, a Long & Foster Company, and Christie's Great Estates properties in Capitol Hill, and the surrounding Washington DC area, including NW DC, Chevy Chase, the Waterfront, and the Trinidad DC neighborhoods, Michelle works with a full range of very satisfied clients.