Take a moment to browse my resource center to look for answers and information including the latest trends in the local market.
Search the Washington Metropolitan area for Homes
Washington DC Real Estate Tips
Washington DC Tips
Michele Buckman has put together some videos discussing the current DC market and what the future may hold for the real estate market in the Washington DC area.
Selling a Washington DC Home: An Open House Makes the Difference
You may think that holding an Open House is old fashioned and too much work when selling your Washington DC home. But time and time again, sellers are learning that an Open House can make the difference in getting their homes sold quickly.
Open houses are generally the first-time look for buyers. This is when they'll often decide to schedule a private showing - if they're impressed with your home. Open House tours allow sellers to showcase their home in its very best light, while buyers spend that extra time to get comfortable in their potential home. An Open House will also help your agent get an idea see how many and what type of buyers your home is attracting.
Selling your Washington DC home through an Open House means that it’s time to show your house at its best. Here are some tips to get your home Open House ready:
- Stage your home before the open house: you may be able to do it yourself, or if you need some help, Realtor Michelle Buckman can help you find the right professional to stage it for you.
- Clean and declutter: clear the countertops, and de-clutter the rooms by taking things off the floor and storing them in drawers, closets or on shelves. Leave bathrooms spotless, and wash and put away your laundry.
- Clean carpets – buyers are turned off by stained carpets and the pet smells they harbor.
- Scent sells: get rid of cooking and possible pet smells with clean fresh, scents.
- Leave time to do a pre-open house walk through with your agent. Be sure to remind your agent about the important details about the home–its features, renovations, and even the reason you're selling the home. Your agent might have some tweaks they can help you with before the Open House.
- Let your agent show your home – you need to leave and do something else for the day.
- Take your pets with you – it makes showing and selling your Washington DC home easier.
For more information on selling a Washington DC home, contact Michelle Buckman. Specializing in real estate in Washington DC, real estate professional Michelle Buckman will help you in selling your Washington DC home.