Take a moment to browse my resource center to look for answers and information including the latest trends in the local market.
Search the Washington Metropolitan area for Homes
Washington DC Real Estate Tips
Washington DC Tips
Michele Buckman has put together some videos discussing the current DC market and what the future may hold for the real estate market in the Washington DC area.
Tips For Selling Your Washington DC Home
When it comes selling your home in Washington DC you must employ nearly every trick in the book. Knowing what is expected of you as a homeowner can go a long with to help the Realtor sell the home. While the Realtor is responsible for putting the house's best foot forward while showing the property, your job is to get that foot ready to be shown. Putting these home selling tips into place will help you get the transaction started and get you on your way to selling your home.
- Home selling tip #1: Availability. Whether convenient or not, your home should always be available for showing to prospective homebuyers. Allow your Realtor to place a lock box containing a key at your home, making it easy for other Realtors to show the home with little notice.
- Home selling tip #2: Get out of dodge. Leave your home before the scheduled showing time to ensure you will be out of the way before the appointment starts. Take a trip around the corner and grab a cup of coffee, and allow the Realtor to show the home without the intrusion. If you have to be in the home during the showing appointment, stay seated quietly; answer any questions from the Realtor but do not volunteer any information.
- Home selling tip #3: Brighten things up. Turning all the lights in the home - even during the day - will highlight your home and make it feel more like home to visitors. During the daylight hours, the lights will remove any harsh shadows while brightening the entire home.
- Home selling tip #4: No fake smells. Even though you may want to make your NW DC smell like a country meadow - potential buyers may not. Common allergy sufferers also with thank you, especially those who may otherwise have had to leave the home before the showing ever starts.
- Home selling tip #5: Take out the trash. Even if your trash can is under the sink, in a closet or in another hidden location (or if it has a lid) always empty it for showings.
For more home selling tips contact Michelle Buckman at Buckman Realtor. Serving all of the NW DC and Capitol Hill communities, Michelle will put her experience and knowledge to work for you.