Take a moment to browse my resource center to look for answers and information including the latest trends in the local market.
Search the Washington Metropolitan area for Homes
Washington DC Real Estate Tips
Washington DC Tips
Michele Buckman has put together some videos discussing the current DC market and what the future may hold for the real estate market in the Washington DC area.
Washington DC Real Estate Resource Center: Fireplace Safety Tips for Your Washington DC Home
There's nothing quite as cozy as gathering around your home's fireplace. But if you don't take simple safety precautions, that fire could turn damaging and deadly. Fires can result from an overloaded fire, damaged fireplace, obstructed flues, and ignition of nearby materials.
Fireplace safety tips to follow in your Washington DC home include:
- Have your fireplace and chimney inspected by a professional regularly.
- Always use a screen around the fireplace to keep sparks from flying into the room.
- Keep flammable materials, such as carpets, pillows, or furniture away from the fireplace area.
- Never use flammable materials, such as gasoline, charcoal light, or other fuel, to start a fire.
- Never burn cardboard boxes, trash, or debris in your fireplace.
- Do not leave a fire unattended; extinguish the fire before going to bed or leaving the house.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and test them monthly.
There's nothing more important than keeping your family safe in your Washington DC home. For more home safety tips, contact expert Washington DC realtor Michelle Buckman. Michelle represents W.C. & A.N. Miller and Christie's Great Estates properties in Chevy Chase, Northwest Washington DC, Capitol Hill, and Trinidad DC, and works with a full range of clients, notably first-time homebuyers.