Take a moment to browse my resource center to look for answers and information including the latest trends in the local market.
Search the Washington Metropolitan area for Homes
Washington DC Real Estate Tips
Washington DC Tips
Michele Buckman has put together some videos discussing the current DC market and what the future may hold for the real estate market in the Washington DC area.
Washington DC Real Estate Resource Center: Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Washington DC Home
Bringing warmer weather and a fresh perspective on the condition of your surroundings, springtime is the perfect time to spruce up your Washington DC home and perhaps ready it for sale. While some types of cleaning, such as vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning your bathroom, must be done regularly, many spring cleaning chores are best done seasonally. Read on for some spring cleaning ideas to de-clutter and liven up your home.
Selling Your Home: Spring Cleaning Tips
- Clean out your refrigerator and scrub it top to bottom, inside and out.
- Turn over your mattress to evenly distribute wear.
- Wash your outdoor furniture; most outdoor furniture can be cleaned with a soft-bristle brush, water, and a small amount of dishwashing liquid.
- Clean out your basement, attic, and closets and donate items and clothing you no longer need or use.
- Vacuum your walls to free them of dust.
- Polish any metal hardware in your home with metal-specific cleaning materials.
- Wash your window screens with warm water and a soft brush.
- Clean your window treatments and drapes. Either machine-wash, hand-wash, or dry clean the fabric, according to their labels.
- Take your cushoins outside and gently beat them to remove dust and vacuum under cushions and in crevices.
For more ideas on how to use spring cleaning as the perfect way to clean up your home to ready it for sale, contact Michelle Buckman. Representing W.C. & A.N. Miller and Christie's Great Estates properties in Chevy Chase, Northwest Washington DC, Capitol Hill, and the Trinidad neighborhood, Michelle works with a full range of clients, notably first-time homebuyers.